Volunteering & solidarity as a social capital of the city
18. – 21.5.2021
An international online conference to promote wider and systemic social and economic dimensions and impacts of volunteering and solidarity activities in urban settings will bring together representatives of municipalities and organisations to promote Volunteering and Solidarity Projects as tools to support solidarity in action.
Cities and municipalities try to support solidarity among their inhabitants in order to support social cohesion. This cross-sectoral cooperation is diverse and every community developed their own way of addressing the needs of inhabitants. The conference aims to explore the existing practice of cross-sectoral cooperation in the cities and inspire building upon them.
An international online conference to promote wider and systemic social and economic dimensions and impacts of volunteering and solidarity activities in urban settings. The conference aims to explore the existing practice of cross-sectoral cooperation in the cities and inspire building upon them.
- To inspire cities to engage in cross-sectoral cooperation to support solidarity and social cohesion.
- To provide space to showcase and learn from good practice examples of cross-sectoral projects that support solidarity and enhance social cohesion.
- To map out elements of approaches of engagement of cities for the support of volunteering and solidarity activities.
- To present all actions of the European Solidarity Corps programme and possible support.
- To build partnerships for future projects and other forms of co-operation and networking among participating organisations and cities.
We would like to see delegations of the cities and towns comprised of 3 members (representative of municipality, representative of a local volunteering organisation and a representative of business involved in corporate social responsibility) to attend the conference.
Each of the participants should apply separately. Of course you are also invited to apply as individual representing one of the organisations mentioned above.
The meting is aimed at participants from: Erasmus+ Youth in Action programme countries, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Russian Federation, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo * (UN resolution), Montenegro.
Partners that support implementation of this conference.
European Solidarity Corps
This activity is part of the European Solidarity Corps programme.